The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme is a Japanese government sponsored exchange programme that offers university graduates opportunities full time jobs as either an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) team teaching with a Japanese Teacher of English in elementary and secondary schools or a Coordinator for International Relations (CIR) in selected local government offices in Japan.
For more than 26 years The JET Programme has invited enthusiastic university graduates from around the world to work in Japanese schools and cultural organizations. In the process JET participants gain valuable work and life experience as well as having the opportunity to be fully immersed in the daily reality of this intriguing and dynamic country.
Why the JET Programme?
- Flexible contract, 1 year renewable contract up to 5 years
- High paying salary (3.36 million yen for the first year)
- Free round-trip airfare to Japan
- Accommodation assistance and affordable rent
- Medical, dental and pension plan coverage
- Accident and employment insurance
- Free orientation and training seminars
- Free Japanese classes
- Placement choices throughout Japan
- At least 25 days of paid leave (including national holidays)